Saturday, January 13, 2024

1st Post

     My name is Ava Isbell, and I am a 17 year old business major at  Bethel University. I am minoring in information technologies and I am currently a freshman. This is my first time being on campus, I graduated high school in December and started college a few weeks later. Admittedly I am very nervous about college, but most of my anxieties have died down as I learned more about what I would be doing this semester. In high school, I was in the marching band. I have played the trumpet for 6 years, and while I loved every season of marching band, I have no intentions of playing my instrument again. I like to draw and am fairly familiar with gimp. While I have not utilized the photo editing part of gimp, I have used it to draw in the past. I have not drawn much recently, but I  hope to learn how to improve with the technicalities of computer art.




    I have admittedly childish interests. I love watching older cartoons and I love 80's rock. I collect playing cards and other trinkets. I like to play video games. I competed in a Smash Brothers tournament around the time of its release on Switch. I placed 3rd, losing to my brothers. I tend to like playing simpler games, such as the Sonic Adventure games and the older Pokemon games. Because I play simple games like those, I like to challenge myself to complete them 100%. This gives me a drive to continue to play my favorite games when after I had beaten the main story.  I like to mod old Nintendo consoles, I have a modded  2ds and I am in the process of modding my Wii. I like to break past the limits of the older technology and unlock the full potential of these game consoles. When I graduate, I want to pursue a career in cybersecurity. I love testing the limits of technology. I am also interested in coding. In high school, I learned basic HTML but not much beyond that.


Playing Cards  I got recently
                        





3 comments:

  1. I'm familiar with a lot of your hobbies! My brother loves playing and tinkering with video games. I also loved to play Sonic Adventure 2 growing up.

    ReplyDelete

Final